Website Xcel Energy
Assists with performing general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external financial statements and reports, including entries, analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers and other accounts and preparation of inter-company billings, property valuations, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance to clients within supported business area. Assistance includes, but is not limited to explanation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and guidance about accounting policies. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations, and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Uses professional concepts, rules, procedures, company policies and procedures to resolve commonly occurring issues.
- Assist with collecting and analyzing financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconciliation and variance reporting for assigned areas, reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare accounting ledger entries, prepare internal and external reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, prepare property valuations. Identify and resolve data issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Actively participate in or support special projects as assigned. Projects may include, but are not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, and developing ad hoc reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business degree, or an equivalent amount of education, training, and experience.
- Completion of an accounting internship preferred.
- Ability and desire to obtain CPA or CMA.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn and apply GAAP.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A