Website Xcel Energy
The Lead Systems Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining and restoring services to operating systems and IT functions. They independently maintain the integrity of the systems through oversight to changes and participation in incident and problem management activities and user support. They lead users and technical teams during service restoration events. They deploy new systems and oversee technical aspects of changes on existing systems or infrastructure. They provide technical leadership within the realm of their expertise.
- Problem Management – Helps others in resolving complex problems; adapts or modifies established approaches. Identifies and selects appropriate tools, data, and analysis techniques to diagnose problems and develop solutions. Balances competing short- and long-term goals. Provides problem management for complex production incidents. Provides support for systems testing and validation activities. Participates in and contributes to problem reviews. Drives adherence to Incident and Problem protocol.
- Operational Support – Performs software installations and upgrades to systems. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them. Analyzes system requirements and performance of systems, and develops specific measures to increase efficiency. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Monitors and assesses system health, exposing risk as appropriate.
- User Support – Provides in depth technical information to users as appropriate. Assists users in identifying complex technical problems and devising solutions. Advises users on available approved technologies. Works with users to develop solutions. May act as user liaison on projects.
- Strong Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Experience leading system change deployment and facilitating service restoration discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all types of operating systems; HW, SW, desktop, mobile, etc.
- Five years of related functional experience.
- Strong communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Has taken leadership role in small projects or parts of larger projects.
- Familiarity with at least one platform type (e.g. Internally hosted, SaaS, IaaS, etc.) with demonstrated aptitude to learn other platforms.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lubbock, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A