You will be the Operational Risk Oversight SME for Data Management, providing support and challenge for the Data Management risk category by working with the business to identify and ensure the appropriate management of emerging risks both internally and externally to TSB. Supporting the delivery of Management Information to all the Risk Function, including the Chief Risk Officer and Head of Operational Risk Oversight to execute their accountabilities.
- Manages self to ensure adherence to TSB risk and compliance policies and standards
- Contributes to the development and achievement of the Team’s business plans, deliverables and engagement within the team, other Risk Teams and the wider TSB business
- Provide challenge and guidance to the First Line of Defense as to their understanding and application of data management principles and the implementation of controls measure and manage data risks
- Utilise data interrogation tools to provide a data driven opinion of TSB’s risk profile and management of Data Management risks
- Responsible for co-ordinating and producing internal reporting.
- Provides support and assistance to the business using own judgement in risk analysis and management, escalating more complex queries as required
- Perform oversight reviews independently providing analysis/oversight to support the Head of Operational Risk Oversight and help TSB improve it’s control environment
- Establish and build relationships with stakeholders to identify business requirements and provides appropriate support and guidance
- Work collaboratively to support a strong culture within the team and across the wider Risk Function of accountability, empowerment and proactive contribution to the development of the function to reflect the evolving business needs and environment, ensuring agility and flexibility to adapt to change
- Analyse and evaluate a range of information to produce insightful recommendations and advice to influence decisions in relevant business area
- Ensures that activity undertaken is completed on time, and to the desired standards
- Track record of either implementing or assessing organisational implementation of Data management principles, preferable within a financial services organisation. This is not essential. Experience can come from 1st, 2nd or 3rd lines of Defence
- Proven ability to identify and articulate to business, system, and regulatory issues to senior management
- Proven experience of either managing or interrogating data using Computer Assisted Audit Techniques, analytics software such as SAS or programming languages such as SQL, Java or VB to quantify and report on business risk
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders across the business to help understand and define risk appetite
- Comfortable working outside of your own team with other business areas to ensure that the management of Data Risks are challenged and influence risk owners to ensure they have appropriate controls & risk management processes in place
- A track record of working independently to deliver quality work to agreed deadlines
- Possess an industry recognised qualification such as CDMP, DGSP, CISM, CISA, or CRISC;
- Ability to help shape TSB by adding valuable insight and guidance into Data Management strategies, which in turn helps our business to succeed
- Recognised by their stakeholders as providing fantastic support – developing the “Operational Risk Oversight” brand at TSB.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A