Manages relationships in order to identify, review and help address risks by promoting and providing critical appraisal and recommendations to specified business units and senior management. Promote and supports a strong risk culture within the business area, where control weaknesses and regulatory breaches relating to the business area are identified and managed through to resolution or risk acceptance in adherence to internal policy standards
- Work with business stakeholders to understand the customer and business impacts of existing risks and materialising issues, including root cause analysis of events
- Acts as a functional specialist in a particular area.
- Work in partnership with the Product Management Teams throughout the product lifecycle, as defined in the Product Design and Governance policy, to ensure that products remain fit for purpose and continue to deliver consistently fair customer outcomes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Support Senior Manager Function roles (SMFs) with SMR handover documentation when roles change
- Support the delivery of fortnightly/monthly Risk Forums and co-ordinate risk activities such as COI reviews
- Contributes to the development and achievement of business plans, providing insightful information, guidance and advice, enabling business areas to assess the downstream implications linked to their decisions.
- Lead completion of annual attestation of Lending Standards
- Provide the business teams with SME support and updates to ensure that they are familiar with governance processes.
- Review and update procedures to ensure they comply with regulatory requirements and mitigate conduct and operational risk to acceptable levels
- Assess new products /propositions & changes to determine appropriate governance requirements.
- Work with BB Products team and other stakeholders across the business to support business objectives with focus on Product-related regulatory compliance Financial Crime account/PEP approval process)
- Proactively support our colleagues in working together, maintaining good morale, strong colleague engagement and maximising effectiveness across the team
- Work with Enterprise Assurance to identify and design appropriate controls to mitigate business risks
- Work closely with Enterprise Assurance, 2 nd and 3 rd line risk to ensure impact of regulatory and legislative change on the business is fully considered
- Provide risk consideration on Regulatory, Conduct, Reputational, Financial Crime, Commercial and Business risks to business activities and processes including governance (post implementation and annual reviews, new products, changes and withdrawals), business change, development and BAU activity to support ongoing product compliance
- Recommends areas for change and supports leadership in delivery of agreed change projects to achieve continuous improvement.
- Provide regulatory advice, guidance and risk support to business banking team
- Promote and support a culture where control weaknesses and regulatory breaches relating to product are appropriately and promptly addressed and customers remediated
- Advice and guidance regarding ad hoc items requiring regulatory input, including rectification, customer treatments, regulatory customer communications
- Effectively manage own workloads to support the business and team priorities including contingency planning for annual leave
- Manages self and team to ensure adherence to TSB risk and compliance policies and relevant external regulatory frameworks.
- Provide risk consideration on Regulatory, Conduct, Reputational, Financial Crime, Commercial and Business risks to business activities and processes including governance
- Provide advice, input and feedback on TSB projects as directed by Functional leadership
- Contribute to and review product governance submissions in order to ensure that risks and associated mitigants are effectively captured.
- Demonstrates TSB behaviours whilst carrying out all aspects of role.
- Support the business leadership team with regular risk/governance activity within business banking (Policy documentation and updates,
- Control Effectiveness Review, Audit/Oversight reviews)
- Interact and build relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders to build strong productive relationships at all levels across the Business
- Unit, with partner business units and with Enterprise Assurance, Risk and Audit functions
- Knowledge and experience of the relevant regulatory frameworks (CCA, CONC, PSR, Lending Standards etc.) and TSB Risk Framework and Tools
- Sound understanding of Small Business Lending products – term loans, overdrafts and credit cards
- Evaluates issues from a range of stakeholder perspectives with the ability to provide pragmatic input into decisions
- Stakeholder management across a broad range of functions
- Presents information and messages with clarity, communicating in a way that is meaningful to the audience
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Confidence to escalate any issues or concerns and articulate this in a constructive manner
- Ability to manage and execute a number of, sometimes conflicting, priorities and deliverables.
- Acute attention to detail and passion for doing things right first time.
- Establishes and communicates the need for and benefits of significant change
- Builds capability of self, team or processes, learning from experience and continually looking for ways to improve
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A