Website Tractor Supply
This position is responsible for proficiency in all areas of a retail operation. The position serves as the second in charge of operations to the Store Manager. Duties include providing leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive customer shopping experience and performing operational activities throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to the store Team Members. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Ask for the Sale
- Proficient in all Team Leader and Receiver functions.
- Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and delegating of daily tasks.
- Uncover the Customers’ needs
- Recommend products
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling, hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and development, and maintaining a productive work environment.
- Greet the Customer
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
- Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Transport and make deposits to the bank.
- Lead freight movement, and support merchandising initiatives, feed management, and inventory control.
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive experience.
- Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime, as dictated by business needs.
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Previous retail leadership experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register).
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read, write, and count accurately.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
Company: Tractor Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A