You are a problem-solving oriented Product Buyer, responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our hotel suppliers. As a Product Buyer, you are detail-oriented in the completion of contracts and are effectively able to prioritize and meet deadlines as required.
- Have a weekly meeting with director and specialist to review sales and develop a weekly strategy (review rate reduction charts, promotions being pursued, master product plan updating as well as any and all relevant charts to the business).
- Monitor rate reduction chart to ensure competitiveness.
- Monitor the “completion” of contracts (promo rooms, brochure contribution, rep rooms, specialty packages, group promotions, staff travel, terms and Conditions, deposits, guarantees, payment terms, and any and all information in relation to contracts). For both Canada and the U.S. markets.
- Review weekly rep report and address any consistent deficiencies with suppliers
- Obtain complimentary rooms for promotions when necessary
- Monitor on a daily basis the sales per destination 60 days out
- Assist with the organization and implementation of fam trips as required
- Assist when necessary inventory and operations to increase allotment and decrease cutoffs
- Ensure Payload and other relevant departments are notified of actions needed to address possible shortfalls.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the profitability of routes and hotels
- Keep abreast of competitive actions and prices
- Review and analyze “Empty seats report” with a product specialist and identify problem areas and course of action.
- Responsible for maintaining good and constant relationship/communication with suppliers.
- Monitor on a daily basis sales forecast per destination.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the destination as a whole
- Monitor short term changes in hotel offering and advise internally (ARCC)
- Train staff on an annual basis on the destinations and hotels as required
- Prepare for weekly GT meeting and QC all contracts.
- Knowledge of TTS – Soft Voyage, Excel, PowerPoint, and Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Salary up to $53,000/year plus benefits
- Tour Operator experience an asset
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the Travel Industry.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required
- Exceptional Problem-Solving Skills.
- Travel as required
- Degree in Travel and Tourism is an asset as knowledge and understanding of products related to tourism is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A