The Manager, Locomotive Design and Engineering is responsible for the complete life cycle of the design and engineering of the locomotives (within the Sacramento Engineering Scope of Work) reporting to the Director of Engineering. The main objective of this role is to engineer customized versions of the current locomotive portfolio capitalizing on the platform design with the integration of agreed customer specified requirements. Another goal is to increase the Scope of Work on the American side of the Locomotive Design in order to increase the department’s locomotive expertise and related independence.
- You will travel up to 20% of your time.
- You will be responsible for creating the WBS’s, assigning resources and ensuring that the scheduled release dates are met.
- You will set up and lead a team of engineers creating the product deliverables as well as supporting procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty. You will strategize on how to increase the skills of your team and evaluate where the weaknesses might be and prepare accordingly.
- You will manage other managers and ensure their mentoring, training, growth, and accountability.
- You will be in charge of systems integration of the complete product including agreed customer requirements in line with the mutually agreed scope of work with locomotive engineering COC, compilation of the BOM’s and Technical Specifications.
- You will specify the requirements for each proposal and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth. This will follow through the entire design life cycle.
- You will be responsible to manage the budgets across all projects.
- You will support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles.
- You will also be the technical representative and lead in customer design reviews.
- You will prepare engineering estimates for customer change orders and future proposal work.
- BS degree in Engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Rolling Stock experience, a minimum of 10 years
- Work experience of 10 years as a minimum
- Knowledge of locomotive Design and Engineering.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A