We sell hot dogs, beer, gas, and a bunch of other things, but we’re really in the business of “convenience” and that should resonate with you. At Sheetz, we have a history of making our customers’ lives easier. We pioneered self-service touch screens for ordering food. We rolled out our industry leading Sheetz mobile app long before curbside pickup was around. Although we’re not a tech company, technology has been at the forefront of our success. And who makes that happen? You do!
The System Support Unit Manager assists the System Support Team manager in making the technical, operational/physical, and human resource decisions that affect the IT System Support team.
- Determine system support requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications.
- Monitor annual budgets for assigned area of responsibility to maximize profitability.
- Ensure proper procedures and support personnel are in place to respond appropriately to all support incidents and situations.
- Work with other disciplines within the IT Enterprise to ensure system support procedures are executed as designed and measured accurately and completely
- Lead support response, escalation, and execution efforts for issues which have the largest degree of complexity or business risk.
- Align area objectives with the strategic goals of the Department. Develop Internal Communications strategy that supports business and brand strategy and manage proactive and reactive Internal Communication efforts, which may include the directing of outside agency
- Lead incident response teams that may include peer-level professionals, specialized technicians, contractors, consultants, and/or customers
- Maximize the development of internal talent through regular performance coaching, performance reviews and presenting developmental opportunities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in an advanced leadership role, including cross functional team leadership
- HDI or similar certification is preferred.
- 10 years of applicable experience in a technology environment, to include:
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis or other analytical problem solving techniques is preferred.
- 6 years of multi-person team management experience, including task assignment, performance coaching and reviews, hiring practices, and conflict management / resolution.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johnstown, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A