Position Purpose: Ensures that all customers receive fast, friendly, accurate check out service by passionately implementing the spirit of Legendary Service. Manages and schedules shifts and duties of Cashiers, Courtesy Clerks, and Front End Supervisory positions. Service Operations Manager oversees the completion of daily cash, balancing, reconciliation and payroll reports, while supporting store sales and the overall operating plan.
- Champion’s company and division customer service programs to meet and/or exceed the division’s customer satisfaction measurement goals.
- Handles customer relations in a positive matter, including effective resolution of customer complaints.
- Promotes Division’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Provides fast, friendly, courteous and legendary customer service, improves customer relations, and performs cashiering duties and supervisory functions on cash registers. Serve as overflow cashier when necessary.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Must be able to work various shifts based on customer traffic. Division shift expectation is 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Directs and supervises front end activities including: monitoring customer traffic and service level, coordinates and implements front end service programs, maintains cleanliness standards, be proactive in maintaining safety and appearance of front end area.
- Assists with the interviewing and hiring of front end personnel.
- Trains front end management, cashiers and courtesy clerks. Also monitors their compliance.
- Monitors and responsible for inventories and ordering of front end supplies and merchandise.
- Ensure that front end is operational and that it projects a positive image.
- Ability to deal with the public and project a positive image.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to supervise. Ability to analyze and gather facts for recommending disciplinary action and make hiring decisions.
- A good understanding of company practices and in-depth understanding of Front End policies and procedures, and the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot PC’s and check-stand equipment such as printers, scales, public announcement equipment, scanners and cash registers.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques, basic employment law, computer software and the analytic ability to handle administrative details such as planning and scheduling.
- Frequently lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 20 lbs. Occasionally lift objects greater than 20 lbs.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Knowledge of product variety and perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and department policies and procedures.
- Strong communication, leadership, team building and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under pressure.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kennewick, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A