Assists the Assistant Store Director in directing the operation of the Grocery Department, including supervising and training personnel. Assists in ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking and merchandising. May direct and control the operation of the entire store in the absence of the Store Director and the Grocery Manager/Assistant Store Director.
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relation in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Performs ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking and merchandising duties. Assists the Grocery Manager in planning, organizing and directing day-to-day operations of the grocery department and front end functions, including recommendations regarding regular and seasonal merchandise requirements and special sales needs. Assists in implementing Company and Division merchandising policies and/or Store Director instructions.
- May act as back up cashier. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Responsible for the proper accounting of sales, maintenance and storage of cash register detail tapes and the issuance and pick up of money from checkstands.
- Prepares “to do list” for night stockers, closes out discontinued items and implements price changing procedures. Controls shrink. Prevents the sale of out of code products.
- Opens and closes the store.
- Ensures compliance with Company sanitation, safety, security and other policies. Recommends corrective action as needed. Implements emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the store including supervision of all associates and the handling of customer complaints, in the absence of the Store Director and the Grocery Manager.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of checkstand scanning and loss prevention procedures. Must be able to effectively operate and train others in the operation of Front End cash registers and/or scanning equipment. Must be able to operate ordering equipment.
- Requires a thorough understanding of overall Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Requires an extensive retail background with prior management experience related to retail operations.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. May climb ladders.
- Ability to properly stack, operate fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts and pallet jacks. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination. Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of a disaster or equipment or computer software malfunctions.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage and develop people, and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers, vendors and co-workers. Ability to be a team player. Ability to supervise employees assigned. Knowledge of employment laws and workplace practices policies is required. Requires knowledge and compliance with state and federal regulations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kennewick, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A