Website Red Lobster
The Accounting Supervisor manages the day to day operations and monthly close of the Accounts Payable systems, including leading activities of 3 direct reports. This includes responsibility for managing invoice/vendor issue escalations and payment issuance for all disbursements. The Supervisor ensures that an adequate control environment exists, including timely and accurate preparation of reconciliations and ongoing updates to all internal control documentation impacting the payment cycle.
- Liaison with off-shore team on a regular basis ensuring KPI’s are met and staffing needs are appropriate
- Lead and direct the activities of three accounts payable team members and 14 offshore team members, to ensure Red Lobster AP process and procedures are carried out effectively.
- Assist leadership with miscellaneous projects and ad hoc analysis as requested
- Ensure an adequate control environment exists by developing, documenting, and enforcing adequate procedures and controls for all Accounts Payable functions
- Ensure operations concerns are resolved by the team, responding directly to escalated vendor or restaurant operations leader questions and concerns as it relates to invoice expenses, accruals, and payment discrepancies, ensuring quick and thorough response and/or swift resolution.
- Review accruals and consolidated billing entries each month ensuring timely and accurate General Ledger entries are completed
- Review Accounts Payable systems continuously and pursue any enhancements that will ensure more efficient & accurate processing. Evaluate user requirements and existing systems to help determine feasibility of developing more efficient systems-based replacement processes.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable processing, research and payment functions
- Oversee automated alcohol ordering and payment processes, ensuring timeliness of payments and accuracy of general ledger.
- Review and approve account reconciliations and ensure timely and accurate reporting, escalate identified issues as required.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing employees
- Self-starter with strong analytical curiosity, organizational skills and excellent follow through.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Ability to plan, organize and lead projects with minimal guidance
- 5+ years experience in Accounting, including Accounts Payable experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience working with an off-shore accounting team a plus
- Proven experience with analyzing, prioritizing, and solving problems effectively
Qualification & Experience:
- Pleasant customer-service oriented attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with internal and external business contacts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and function effectively within a complex corporate environment
- Ability to adapt to changing business environments, solve problems and take advantage of improvement opportunities
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Professional curiosity and initiative to identify and present process improvement and growth opportunities
- Ability to successfully interact with Information Technology groups to effectively implement business changes for Accounts Payable.
Company: Red Lobster
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A