Website Queens University
Reporting to the Manager of Internal Audit, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible to plan and execute audits in accordance with the university’s risk-based audit plan, and to conduct investigations in accordance with relevant university policies. The Senior Internal Auditor evaluates strategic, operational, financial, information technology, and internal control systems to provide recommendation to mitigate business risk, enhancing efficiency, and increase effectiveness.
- Working collaboratively within a team to plan projects, including identifying risks, objectives, scope, and audit procedures.
- Working collaboratively in a team to manage projects, including maintaining project schedules, communicating project status, developing strategies to mitigate project delays and ensuring that specified project deadlines are met.
- Building relationships across the university in order to gather information about emerging risks, understands the culture of the institution, knows which internal employee to connect with to obtain information required for projects.
- Organizing, preparing materials and conducting interviews of university stakeholders.
- Discerning and documenting both financial and non-financial processes and controls, including preparing detailed narratives and flowcharting.
- Reading, understanding, and assessing university policies and procedures, as well applicable government regulations.
- Leveraging software tools to analyze, sample and conclude on data sets.
- Executing audit programs by preparing well documented, highly organized working papers.
- Documenting the findings of audit procedures and developing recommendations.
- Communicating Internal Audit plans, requests and audit findings in writing to stakeholders around the university.
- Several years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent judgment and ethical decision-making skills in order to evaluate audit findings. This includes being tactful, objective, fair, impartial and flexible without compromising standards.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A university degree.
- A relevant professional designation/certification (i.e. Charted Professional Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information
- Systems Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner), or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Respects diversity and promotes equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A