Website Portsmouth City Council
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city and need the best employees to do so. With over 207,000 residents and 8,000 businesses throughout the city, this unitary authority’s goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to multi-million pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
- Portsmouth Museums operates six museums in the city including Portsmouth Museum and Art Gallery, Charles Dickens’ Birthplace, the award-winning D-Day Story, and Cumberland House Natural History Museum. We attract some 300,000 visits per annum. Our collections are inspiring, engaging and relevant, supporting learning, wellbeing and place-making.
- You will ensure that a diverse audience is able to engage with the city’s collections in different ways at our museums and other locations across the city.
- Your priority will be to develop and co-ordinate delivery of an activity and events programme targeted at a range of audiences, particularly families. You will contribute to exhibitions and projects, also developments which support a co-production model of engagement. You will remain up to date with developments in museum practice, be an advocate for evaluation, and you will develop networks and partnerships to reach new audiences.
- You will have a passion for museum collections and a track record of using them to engage and inspire diverse audiences including families. You will have excellent communication, organisational and project management skills to engage participants and co-ordinate input from a variety of contributors.
- You will be a creative thinker, with a flexible approach and innovative way of working. You will have experience of managing budgets as well as staff, volunteers and other specialists.
- You will be able to work flexibly as you may have to work evenings and weekends.
Company: Portsmouth City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, GB
Application Deadline: N/A