Website Portsmouth City Council
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 8,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to Multi-million pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
- The post holder will report directly to the Director of Corporate Services and form part of the councils senior management team.
- As maternity cover you will still be required to provide excellent HR services to all clients, both internal and external to the council. You will be the lead professional for HR in the council, advising senior managers and elected members on all HR related issues.
- You will be providing leadership across the HR service on numerous matters, such as legislation, case law and policies.
- By working with the service Director, you will be responsible for driving the service, developing your team within recruitment, pay & policy, systems and other areas of operational HR to ensure a high standard of working is continued.
- You will be a member of the CIPD and have extensive experience of operating at a senior level in HR within a large and complex organisation.
- As part of the role you will advise senior management and elected members on HR/employment issues. You will resolve complex and contentious employment issues as well as providing professional leadership across the HR service.
- You will have excellent and up to date knowledge of employment legislation, case law and HR practice. You will have experience of managing staff. You will also have strong communication skills, both spoken and in writing, and the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working in public sector organisations including alongside elected members and you will have experience of negotiating with trades unions and managing union relations.
Company: Portsmouth City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, GB
Application Deadline: N/A