This position is responsible for assisting with the oversight of all training facility management including the construction, technical infrastructure, and all devices used in the delivery of these services. The Principal Trainer is a representative of the Information Services team and is responsible for establishing and maintaining critical business relationships with fellow Piedmont co-workers, physicians and all others who use or interact with the Epic application suite.
- Works with the Corporate Education department to coordinate training activities.
- Develops and communicates training status reports and other project presentation materials as needed.
- Works with organizational leadership to identify needs and develop specific training programs to meet these needs.
- Assists with the management of staff certifications.
- Obtains and maintains Epic (and other) certifications in assigned application modules.
- Appropriately escalate issues to Manager, Project Director / Senior Leadership as required.
- Assist with identification and resolution of specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Develops and maintains training plans as required to assist with the implementation of new technologies.
- Assists with the development of system-wide application training services policies and procedures.
- Assists with the management of the overall application training schedules for the organization.
- Performs other functions as required for position-related activities.
- Assists with the development of project plans and assists with the coordination for the construction of all application training facilities including the implementation of technologies used to provide training services.
- Establishes and maintains critical business relationships with Piedmont co-workers, physicians and others who utilize Piedmont approved applications.
- Monitors and reviews the progress of end user training by using questionnaires and through discussions with organizational managers and Project Managers.
- Develops and coordinates course content required to deliver services.
- Assists with product go-lives where necessary.
- Develop training programs to meet usability and ongoing training needs.
- Possess qualities consistent with creativity, innovation, collaboration and critical thinking.
- Working knowledge of core Microsoft business products.
- Ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines.
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
- Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newton, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A