Processes appointment and reappointment applications of physicians and allied health professionals for the Columbus Regional Healthcare System.
- Independently processes appointment and reappointment applications for physicians and allied health professionals to ensure the credentialing function is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains knowledge of medical Staff Bylaws for the three hospitals, as well as Joint Commission and Medicare standards, in order that credentialing meets all required regulations.
- Maintains organized and timely application processing standards to ensure everyone has access and knows the status of the applicants’ file
- Keeps database and log accurate on a daily basis in order to ensure access to the files.
- Maintains approved process and checklist to ensure that files are processed,verified, and accurate according to established guidelines.
- Performs administrative functions and assists with education and orientation for Medical Staff Specialists in order to maintain department efficiencies.
- Assists with bylaws, rules, regulations updates, and interpretations of medical staff guidelines. Prepares reports and researches new standards as requested in order to maintain excellent office reputation and efficiencies.
- High School Diploma
- NAMSS Certified as a Credentialing Specialist or Certified Professional Medical Staff Manager or achieve within 2 years or hire.
- Two years’ experience in medical staff and/or medical management
- Ability to accurately type 50 wpm, proficiency in word processing, database entry. Above average communication skills and ability to relate effectively to the public and health care professionals..
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A