MEC is more than a store, and we’re more than a place to buy hats and backpacks. We’re physical and digital hubs for the outdoor community. People connect here, through our stores, online channels, over the phone, or through one of our leading events, clinics or services.
MEC is an equal opportunity employer. We’re proud to work with our people to create a diverse workplace, which accommodates individuals of all abilities, backgrounds and identities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Tell us what you need during the hiring process, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
You connect with members and staff by sharing your passion for an active lifestyle. You provide coaching and mentorship to MEC teams to ensure we’re aligned, reaching toward the same goals. You support and empower staff to enable them to deliver great member service.
If you like working with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative team, who connect people with quality products to encourage active outdoor lives, then this is the team for you. MEC is an awesome place if you’re always learning and trying new things, like bouldering, yoga or trail running!
You are good natured and have a welcoming vibe. You’re outgoing and genuinely like helping people. You’re stoked about being active outside. You have flexibility to work a variety of shifts from Monday to Sunday. Bonus points if you have retail or customer service experience.
Qualification & Experience:
Everyone strives to deliver an experience that feels uniquely MEC. Our Team Leads focus on these four key areas.
- Hard skills: Extensive experience in retail sales, store operations and in driving results. Experience in growing market share. A talent for succession planning and people management.
- Recruit, train and develop: You love recruiting people who naturally bring it. You ensure staff are properly trained in procedures and processes.
- You help coach staff, working shoulder to shoulder on the job. You live the values in everything you do and model you what “great” looks like.
- You learn from your Store Manager how to be creative in motivating the team to deliver a uniquely MEC place to shop.
- Leadership: You are creative in how you motivate your team to deliver exceptional service. You communicate regularly, either one-on-one or in huddles, so the team understands how performance is meeting targets. You ensure the shifts you oversee hit their goals and hold the team accountable. You help make MEC a good neighbour. You’re willing to fill-in at other locations when called upon. You ensure there’s good communication between you, the team members, and the Store Manager to ensure consistent store conditions and staff morale.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A