The post holder will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of Payroll strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis. This will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Payroll Services arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Payroll Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met / exceeded.
- Support leadership in the production of relevant and timely Management Information.
- Following direction and guidance from management, carrying out and co-ordinating all required Payroll and Compliance related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
- Deliver the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business.
- Support leadership in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency.
- Set up and attend team meetings / huddles, etc. pertinent to work assignments and other business related activities as required.
- Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice.
- Co-ordinate all day to day activities ensuring the successful and timely delivery of all Payroll, pensions and BIK activities.
- Coordinate with 3rd party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer and software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Payroll and Compliance responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
- Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management and implement, upon agreement
- Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative with ‘can-do’ approach.
- Thrive under pressure in a fast paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
- Good technical skills and strong exposure to Payroll compliance & Benefits in Kind Compliance.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, critical thinking, quantitative & qualitative analytical skills and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients with well-developed written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft.
- Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions.
- Payroll GL – understanding of payroll gl posting requirements, journal processing, trial balance and reconciliations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A