As a Lead Splunk Engineer, you will develop, maintain, and enhance Hilton’s enterprise logging and security information and event management (SIEM) services, which are built on Splunk. You will craft and implement integrated data feeds into an enterprise Splunk environment, in support of cybersecurity and the operational and data science analytics. You are proactive and are a problem solver and troubleshooter at heart, you are intellectually curious with exposure to numerous technologies.
- Work directly with Splunk teams to gather functional requirements, develop solutions that meet or exceed the requirements, and support the system.
- Provide mentorship and support for our co-managed Enterprise Security search environment.
- Build sophisticated detection and alerting logic, as well as log source onboarding for our SplunkCloud deployment. Ingest sources include:
- Networking (Load-Balances, IPS, Firewalls), Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, UNIX), APIs, security tools, infrastructure, and applications.
- Develop sophisticated reports to meet the requirements of key partners and scalable security management tools and processes.
- Optimize and Tune logging source streams.
- Maintain and enhance the role-based access control models that carry out privilege access for users and data.
- Lead workflows and common practices (e.g., communications) involved in delivering a change or upgrade.
- Build and optimize Big Data correlations, using Splunk search language (SPL).
- Develop sophisticated scripts to manipulate multiple data repositories to support analyst requirements.
- Manage a Logging-as-a-Service solution and related hardware infrastructure, lead all aspects of production support, design the logging (i.e., Splunk) system to meet growth, while maintaining a balance between performance, stability, and agility.
- Demonstrate knowledge on a number of security technologies to operate and maintain the Splunk log management infrastructure.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative leader who is passionate about serving others. Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Technical expertise with Exceptional attention to detail and aptitude for understanding our overall technology environment and security tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical implementation details required to support and lead our security tools
- Knowledge in base concepts across all layers of the OSI, with solid understanding of base technology services (e.g., DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)
- Effective partnership across technology engineering teams, including communication of requirements, quality assurance/risk management practices, and deployment validation
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including vendor Technical Account Managers to address Hilton needs and resolve support issues
- Knowledge of different enterprise logging methods (e.g., agent based, syslog, HEC), with a focus on security event logging
- Effective and creative problem-solving skills while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Proactive attitude. Operates autonomously with minimal direction. Possesses personal pride and commitment to quality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A