The retained candidate will be a subject matter expert, providing advice to the deal team, senior leaders and the board on financial crimes risk mitigation strategies to protect FinDev Canada from any adverse legal, financial, or reputational impacts. The (Senior) Business Integrity Advisor also helps FinDev Canada achieve its mandate by helping companies in emerging markets become recognized leaders in sustainable and responsible business, giving them the competitive advantage, they need to succeed internationally.
- Reviews the risk management system and controls of counterparties and other mitigating factors and assesses the residual risk.
- Reviews and assesses information from open and non-public sources to identify financial crimes and reputational risks associated with transaction counterparties.
- As a subject matter expert, helps the investment team, leaders and the board make informed decisions by clearly articulating any potential legal, financial, compliance, or reputational impacts to FinDev Canada.
- Communicates effectively with deal teams and clients helping enhance their understanding of financial crimes risks.
- Assists the team in maintaining effective systems for workflow management and standards in delivery of its services.
- Stays abreast of trends and best practices in financial crimes risk management to contribute to the team’s expertise and knowledge building initiatives.
- Performs financial crimes risk analysis for funding transactions and relationships, presents findings and recommendations to business teams.
- Supports the team in identifying process efficiencies and developing process optimization strategies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, CA
Application Deadline: N/A