The Product Owner will partner with Product Management Leads and stakeholders to translate product strategy and problem solving into a detailed, prioritized backlog of user stories. The Product Owner will collaborate with an Agile delivery team to implement, measure, and learn from the improvements they have made. The Product Owner manages execution of the value stream product features and delivery roadmap for Costco OMS projects that are aligned to KPI’s that measure the objectives of both Costcos IT Division and line of business stakeholders.
- Supports business strategy by forming a backlog of features and user stories for use by the delivery team.
- Articulates requirements for each user story with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Uses data and insights from multiple sources that benefits the business and our members.
- Pursues incremental delivery by looking for ways to meet business goals and end users through frequent, measurable enhancements.
- Works collaboratively and uses best practices with the delivery team to support backlog refinement, sprint planning, and long term release planning. Monitors and improves product health.
- Ensures completed stories meet acceptance criteria by reviewing test plans, the output of automated testing or, where necessary, contributing to manual testing efforts. Prioritize and collaborate in resolution of issues and defects.
- Seeks and improves processes across the entire product team.
- Seeks and improves processes across the delivery team by using retrospectives to inspect and adapt.
- Communicates with team members, stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Works with stakeholders to identify solutions that support their business requirements.
- Proven experience working on a Scrum and/or Agile team.
- Proven experience with creating documentation for communication with varied audiences.
- Proven experience working within a complex software development environment.
- Proven experience working on complex development projects.
- Deep understanding of business requirements elicitation pursuant to specific programs/projects involved.
- Proficient in User Story creation.
- Expertise in utilizing standard documentation tools/utilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A