Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Reporting to the Resource Coordinator, the ISW (Integrated Support Worker) will have knowledge and training in personal care skills and be a certified Health Care Aide (HCA). Preferably, they will also have additional training in working with individuals experiencing mental health or behavioral challenges but additional training may be obtained after start date. The ISW is responsible for both the provision of personal care and home support services to clients in the program in addition to supporting client wellness and recovery in a collaborative team approach. This includes partnering with clients to improve their social functioning, self-care, communication, self-help, and coping. ISWs are located in several housing projects that operate in a 24/7 team model, as well as in the community at large.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, family, and coworkers is essential.
- Understanding of client empowerment and issues faced by individuals experiencing challenges with mental and/or physical health issues.
- Ability to assess and teach basic life skills.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and work well in one-on-one situations with clients.
- Ability to assign priority to designated tasks and duties.
- Ability to be flexible to meet client care needs.
- Ability to set up boundaries.
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin Testing as per WRHA policy
- Ability to provide safe, effective personal care in a manner that considers each individual’s need for comfort, privacy, and respect is essential.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade XII minimum or GED equivalent.
- WRHA recognized HCA certificate required.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A