Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
This position is part of the NorWest Co-op Community Health Community Development Team and will provide direct support in financial empowerment in the areas of income tax supports, money management training and basic identification supports to clients. This position will support our income tax work with staff and volunteers and complete tax returns for clients, facilitate a variety of money management classes and workshops. This position will work on hosting venues for clients to obtain basic identification. This position will organize and plan empowerment events and provide one on one supports.
- Child Abuse Registry, Vulnerable person check and Criminal Records Check required
- Knowledge and experience with diverse cultures and economic backgrounds, vulnerable individuals with complex needs with mental health and addictions.
- Empathetic, non-judgemental approach.
- Knowledge of community development and partnership development
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team in a variety of settings
- Ability to work well in a community setting.
- Knowledge of financial literacy barriers, how to complete tax returns, the knowledge of various benefits and how to navigate through the basic identification processes for clients.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in group facilitation and outreach
- Experience with program delivery, especially in project management in starting up a new project.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field and a combination of education and experience in income tax returns, money management training and basic identification.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with community
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A