Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of our departments across the province will require additional staffing to support our fight against COVID-19; while continuing to provide the best possible health care services to Manitobans.
Manitoba recognizes the hard work and dedication of our front-line heath care providers and we are looking for additional experienced health care providers to offer support during these unprecedented and challenging times, to help provincial efforts to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19.
- General knowledge of food and nutrient analysis.
- Knowledge of human behavior and behavior change process.
- Practices within the professional standards and the ethical, legislative and legal parameters of the profession (e.g. the act and code of ethics of the College of Dietitians of Manitoba).
- Ability to use professional judgment to adapt and apply evidenced based guidelines, protocols and professional standards of care to new and changing needs of others.
- Ability to adapt readily to a changing environment and respond with initiative.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels of personnel, both internally and externally and within an inter-disciplinary environment.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Must be able to function with minimum direction.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical analysis skills.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to counsel and motivate others, as individuals and as a group.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapies.
- Ability to function in a computerized environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to travel to meetings (on-site and off-site).
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- Must be able to work under stress and time constraints.
- Must be in good physical and mental health and be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time without resting.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- May be occasionally required to work extended hours.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Flexible in Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A