Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
- Perform duties as a team member related to the daily personal care, welfare and safety needs of the residents, in a manner that respects their dignity and promotes a maximum quality of life.
- A member of an interdisciplinary resident care team and works with residents and families to up hold mission, vision and value statement of the Home.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, reliability and creativity
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands
- May encounter exposure to disease, radiation, toxic material, noise, allergens, blood, feces, body fluids, etc.
- Requires shift work, extended working hours
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English; both orally and in writing
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
- Equipment used – mechanical lifts, bathing units, weight scales
- Demonstrates resident focus care in accordance with the Home’s mission, vision and values
- Flexible and able to function effectively in a dynamic changing environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload
- Able to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring and transporting residents and equipment
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities
Qualification & Experience:
- Caring for the elderly and clients with dementia preferred.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized educational institution
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West St. Paul, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A