Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Under the general supervision of the Charge or designate, the General Duty Medical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for clinical analysis and reporting on patient samples according to established protocols. The General Duty Medical Laboratory Technologist is also responsible for assisting in general lab projects such as SOPs, chemical inventories, etc. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Ability to perform duties as described
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position
- Microsoft Office programs preferred
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required in English
- Windows computer environment required
- Work under pressure
- Proficient analytical skills
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology program with attained certification by the CSMLS.
- Current licensing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM) required.
- Current registration with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) preferred.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Thompson, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A