Amazon’s fulfillment centers (FCs) within North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) utilize robotics, scanning machines, and computer systems that track and allow delivery of millions of items (and smiles) to households daily. Our HR Leaders provide strategic and tactical leadership direction, executing our people initiatives, providing internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement in locations with up to 6,000 associates.
- Collaborate with colleagues in operations and finance to work together with the centralized staffing team for non-exempt hiring strategies, and play a key role in hiring exempt professionals and managers within their fulfillment center.
- Lead projects at a site and network level, influence and obtain buy-in from stakeholders, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results using effective project management skills.
- Continuously innovate HR solutions and process improvement; specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred.
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high volume workload supporting HR functions and operations leadership.
- Collaborate with site and regional leadership teams to harmonize site-specific priorities in alignment with overarching Amazon goals (e.g., diversity & inclusion, engagement, and talent management initiatives).
- Drive and direct all employee engagement efforts for senior leaders, front line managers, and associates.
- Thoughtful ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then lean in, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Set the vision, direction, and culture of their HR team ( up to 10-20 professionals in various stages of careers) by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real-time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
- Understand business goals and recommend thoughtful new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- Demonstrated success proven through steady career progression within varied HR roles for the last 7 – 10+ years.
- Experience supporting hourly, front-line employee populations of 2,000+.
- Demonstrated success with stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles (e.g., varied experiences to include but not limited to start-ups, turn-arounds, international assignments, and rapid growth business environments).
- 7+ years’ human resources management experience.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on driving results.
- BA/BS degree from a four-year accredited university.
- Experience in workforce planning/flex staffing
- 5-10+ years of experience in Fortune 500 companies.
- 7+ years’ experience in one or more of the following industries: shipping/logistics distribution centers, manufacturing environments, hospitality, healthcare, retail, and customer-facing / customer-service environments.
- Advanced degree: MBA or Masters
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A