As a Software Development Manager on the team, you will work closely with product management and technical partners to define strategy and requirements, lead a development team to materialize ideas into real ML products, and support subsequent operation. You regularly communicate with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. You will be responsible for growing and mentoring software engineers, helping your team self-organize and create best of breed software development processes and practices. Lastly, you will manage execution against project plans and delivery commitment, and build relationships with your customers and partner teams.
- Engage with customers to understand their work landscape and pain points, proposing and delivering solutions to resolve cross org pain points
- Actively inspire and grow engineers to achieve their career objectives
- The Alexa Secure AI Foundations (SAIF) team’s vision is to make Artificial Intelligence (AI) intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate.
- SAIF build world class services to power Alexa’s AI models in speech, acoustic events, image, and text, ultimately making Alexa delightful for customers. SAIF customers include Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Owners, and Alexa end users. We are part of the larger Amazon Alexa organization, but we support multiple Amazon business units across the company, applying ML in a collection of domains including: speech recognition, language understanding, intelligent decisions, and object detection.
- Drive tech teams, program owners and internal customer teams to deliver critical ML initiatives
- Prior experience with developing Machine Learning tools and services.
- Deep hands-on technical experience with developing and maintaining large scale cloud and big data services.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical, and Business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages.
- 2+ years people management experience.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of hands on experience in architecting and building highly scalable distributed systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A