As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a group of engineers responsible for building front-end experiences and back-end services that support our 3 year vision of delivering an intelligent consumer-grade experience to manage our global worldwide talent. You will be playing a pivotal role in evolving our current product experience and its service layer into a task-based experience that implements a modern UI and intelligent services in order to help Amazon employees around the world to grow their career.
- As the ideal candidate you will be experienced in managing a team of software engineers, and technical program managers.
- You will have a proven track record of shipping complex software solutions through an agile methodology.
- You will have the ability to dive deep into the understanding of problems in order to help your team make the right technical decisions for the product and the business.
- You will have a proven track record of managing through others and developing the career of your direct reports.
- You will also be a strong communicator and will have proven abilities in managing through ambiguous situations and communicating to VP level. #techleader
- Define and drive your product development strategy.
- Manage your group of engineers into a highly performing engineering team.
- Build and grow your organization in Edinburgh.
- Architect and deliver intelligent services enabling GTM’s talent management vision.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working directly within engineering teams.
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- Experience with large scale distributed systems.
- Experience of building solutions using AWS technologies.
- People management experience, managing engineers.
- Experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A