We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented library developers to innovate in building SDKs for developing Alexa Skills. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of next generation Alexa Skill SDK and help Alexa Skills developers extend their skills to utilize new features continuously in this quickly developing area.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key library features
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Will create high code quality and use best industry practices in class library usability to provide Alexa Skill Developers with best possible experience.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Development experience in creating SDKs or libraries used by other developers, internal or external
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Extreme focus on creating high quality code and best practices in one or more programming languages
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Participation in open source projects
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of software design patterns and their application across multiple programming languages
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Experience driving high-level product requirements into products through software architectures, engineering design and implementation.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A