High-quality, richly annotated web content fuels many high-value, Alexa customer experiences. This role owns the strategy, plans, and deliverables in this area.
- If you are an entrepreneurial, data-driven, innovative, and influential individual who thrives on solving complex ambiguous problems and building innovative technical solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you.
- Drive the technical strategy for web data acquisition, processing, and vending.
- Define and own delivery on technical roadmaps that address the needs of a large number of internal customers.
- Amazon Alexa is seeking a Principal Product Manager – Tech to drive initiatives on the leading edge of Web Data Acquisition, Processing, and Vending.
- Develop and provide business intelligence insights that enable data-driven, customer-obsessed prioritization.
- Working collaboratively with scientists and developers, you will design and implement new Web Data services within Alexa as well as automated, scalable NLP/ML models for increasing the customer value of web data. This exciting opportunity will impact downstream customer experiences and cutting-edge products that are used every day by people you know.
- Own all operational metrics and support for the services you will develop.
- own the technical roadmap of web data services
- improve the scale, quality, and velocity of web data availability for experience development teams
- balance frugality & scale, innovation & timeliness
- manage and develop a team of Technical Product Maangers
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with research and technical teams, earn the trust of your colleagues, and influence senior stakeholders
- Fluency in engineering best practices
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Previous work experience as a software developer
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
- Ability to engage multiple technical teams to drive consistent expectations towards a shared goal
- Proven problem solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and definitio
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience working on data processing pipelines
- Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
- Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system services, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering and science teams
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A