This position is responsible for testing all applicants on their driving skills through a road test to ensure they have the skillset to operate our assets. They are also responsible for training all commercial vehicle drivers who operate Fleet equipment and necessary follow up and retraining. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of Federal, Provincial and local safety laws to ensure the company complies with all current safety regulations.
- Facilitate in class training session ensuring our drivers are informed of all required training modules but also update on changing industry requirements.
- Store / vendor site inspections/ assessments for Stores / Vendors and D.C yards to assist in problem solving for daily fleet operations long term and short term
- Accountable for completing the necessary training records to be compliant.
- Assist Safety and Compliance departments in educating drivers to current S.O.P.
- Champion a safety culture through regular driver communications and responsible for creating solid relationships with our driver base so they feel comfortable asking for support.
- Responsible for training drivers on route specific lanes to ensure they have the necessary skills to complete the job safely (An example would be training drivers to deliver on harsh climates or through the mountains).
- Complete full cycle training from driver selection, regular in cab follow ups and retraining.
- Maintains employment related programs and procedures, including health &safety and housekeeping programs, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A