Responsible for providing a generalist HR service to a business unit covering responsibilities including but not limited to; staffing, training, performance management, associate relations, compliance with HR policies and procedures, investigations as well as both broad and market specific regulatory requirements for their assigned region. This position partners closely with the General Manager(s) and other management team members on a regular basis.
- Promotes a positive, inclusive work environment through coaching and counseling associate, responding to general inquiries and resolving issues in a timely manner and in accordance with legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Provides practical advice and assistance to Management in the areas of associate relations, performance management, progressive discipline, training, consistent and fair policy application and legislation awareness.
- Investigates and reports incidents including; misconduct, accidents, injuries, complaints, near misses, infractions, and other violations of company policies and procedures. Decides upon the appropriate action to be taken in order to correct substandard acts or conditions. Follows up to ensure the action was completed and effective.
- Assist in the development and delivery of special projects and or/topical training programs
- Manages and provides guidance to a team of People Administrators that deliver daily HR support to the DC Operations.
- Regularly identifies areas to improve, makes suggestions and implements.
- Oversees the DC recruitment and on-boarding process, monitors turnover and required headcount to meet business needs. Responsible for all salaried recruitment and on-boarding.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A