The Project Manager, Operations Planning and Execution, will drive many of the key priorities of our Operations through clear governance process. The Project Manager will play a dual role on behalf of Operations, in some cases he/she will manage our key projects directly, and in other cases he/she will play a PMO / Governance role that ensures our projects get completed on time & within scope and budget by other members of the team
- Drive the execution of a critical Project(s) by identifying customer and operational needs, developing and communicating business plans and priorities, building and maintaining a detailed task-based project plan, removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance, identifying performance standards, measuring progress, adjusting performance accordingly, and developing contingency plans.
- Work with other members of the Operations team that are Managing Projects to ensure consistent high-quality project plans and budgets, and benefit tracking, secure the necessary approvals with all relevant stakeholders and oversee the execution of the project implementation, communication and change management strategies, across entire program.
- Define & assist in building project charters and objectives for key projects/initiatives. Utilize standard processes, tools and templates that currently exist in their “toolbox” to driver deliverables, manage and control systems and process change (project scope, project plan, integrated milestone plan, change control, implementation plan project closure, etc.).
- PMO Development & Execution – Build and develop, with assistance from the Director Strategy and Planning a light PMO governance process to ensure our key projects / initiatives are executed effectively, and our leadership team is held accountable for delivery.
- Report out status of project to our Operations Leadership team during our monthly Operations Strategy & Planning meeting.
- Forecast, track and report key metrics for our portfolio of projects and track overall Program status, risks, barriers and benefits to SR Executives on a monthly basis through our Monthly Strategy & Operations Governance meetings. Accurately estimate future project results/deliverables and revise plans as appropriate. Document and report on close-out results.
- Where required, educate teams and individual project team members of the benefits for consistent tool and template use. Drive governance and the necessary cadence of accountability across all assigned projects and ensures project plan quality through validation, rigor testing and progress reviews.
- Project Management experience required – PMP an asset.
- Cross functional retail experience required – ideally in Store Operations and eCommerce
- Strong driver of work / tasks
- Superior organizational skills
- Strategic thinker, Analytical mindset
- Ability to partner with leaders while still being able to hold them accountable and challenge them; ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities using a very disciplined approach – detail oriented when required, with ability to elevate thinking when appropriate
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Experience with digital/technology project implementations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A