A Senior Product Manager is responsible for setting strategic direction and optimizing performance for a one or more specific technology functions (i.e. “products”). He or she serves as the bridge between business and technology, helping to set business priorities and directing execution with technology teams, and is also responsible for leading cross-technology projects. As leaders in the Technology organization, Sr. Product Managers balance their passion as the voice of the customer with their pragmatic responsibility to make sound business and technology decisions. As the face of technology for their respective domain, will have a sound understanding of retail business, a solid record for delivering customer centric results, and a natural affinity to cultivating trusting relationships with partners
- Work collaboratively with partners; navigate complex decision making, and influence product strategy.
- Develop/maintain the product roadmap and backlog for your portfolio, working collaboratively with local and international stakeholders to prioritize new capabilities based on clear business cases, and gaining alignment from a stakeholder steering groups and executives.
- Act as a system SME, understand how stakeholders use these systems and providing vision and assistance to teams to get the most from the capabilities we enable.
- Manage vendor relationships of over $1MM of annual spend.
- Actively support the systems and capabilities in your portfolio by promoting defect fixes, frequently occurring support problems, and efficiency drains into your backlog to ensure ongoing optimization.
- Keep up-to-date on the industry and products in the omni-channel landscape; turn this research into actionable recommendations to accomplish business objectives.
- Draft epics / stories, prioritize the backlog, and actively participate in the agile development process to ensure your team, and other teams, are able to successfully complete their sprints.
- Actively communicate with diverse groups of stakeholders through information sharing, listening sessions, training programs, clear documentation, and strategic vision presentations.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and stakeholder management skills.
- A self-starter who can fully immerse yourself in structured problem solving and data analysis to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement; zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized insights, and viable solutions; and develop and execute on complex projects and comprehensive action plans.
- Track record of success in conception to launch to growth of a product/feature.
- 6+ years’ experience in Digital product management, management consulting, retail, eCommerce business functions, or related fields.
- Experience in determining and use relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance and you can identify and apply sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions.
- Comfortable devising strategic initiatives and operationalizing tactical projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A