COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
Our Regional Radio team has a new opportunity for a driven and innovative radio engineer to help improve performance by ensuring the best possible design, configuration and optimisation of our access network,
Primarily the role is about delivering the 2G/3G/4G/5G radio design within the regional team which involves understanding the current radio performance issues in terms of network KPIs and customer complaints, site design weaknesses and proposing the radio design for new sites, or solution in existing ones, to meet Vodafone performance targets.
You will conduct on site visual inspections and technical reviews with Vodafone third parties and other Vodafone teams, oversee coverage predictions with planning tools, analyse existing hardware/antenna configurations and make proposals to improve network performance. You will work closely with Radio Design, Deployment teams and Partners so building strong relationships will be key to your role.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of 2G, 3G, 4G radio network technology and the ideally have some exposure to 5G.
- Experience of Drive Trial Analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have experience on radio coverage planning (including planning tools like Atoll)
- Experience of local optimisation techniques (parametric and physical optimisation) and associated processes
- Experience of working as part of a team or virtual teams to meet challenging timescales
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A