Come join our diverse team of researchers who work directly with product design teams to build a world-class experience for our clients. Our work ranges from generative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. We are looking for expert user experience researchers with a range of broad skills in qualitative and design research methods as well as usability testing. You will have a real passion for human-centered design; uncovering user needs, effectively communicating research insights, and collaborating with software engineers, designers, data scientists, content strategists and others to craft superior experiences for Vanguard customers.
- Assist with prioritizing research projects by collaborating with Market Research and other Analytics and Insights teams.
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design.
- Work cross-functionally with software development, design, content strategy, data science, and marketing.
- Work closely with product teams to identify and prioritize research topics and questions.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods as well as human-centered design principles leveraging support from other research disciplines (i.e. data science) as appropriate.
- Move quickly and efficiently in an agile product development cycle, delivering continuous insights through lean research practices.
- Provide counsel to product teams on the appropriate research strategy needed to answer critical questions.
- Mentor and train others in the development and practice of user experience research techniques, processes and methods.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members and senior management.
- Experience working across mobile and desktop web and apps preferred
- Command a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (e.g., usability testing, client interviews, diary study, surveys)
- Experience using design thinking approaches in product design and research
- Conversant quantitative research methods
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Compelling communication and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate group meetings and workshops
- Comfortable working through ambiguity in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience in the financial industry or other highly regulated industries a plus
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience, with degree in HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Human Factors, Usability, or Information Science
- MA/MS/PhD plus (or equivalent industry experience)
- 5+ years relevant research experience
- Experience using a wide range of user experience research software and tools (e.g., Usertesting.com, Medallia, Verint, Qualtrics)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A