The Asset Improvement Lead roles are embedded in each asset group to work closely with the teams. We recognise our frontline teams as our experts and this role will work to empower colleagues with a culture that will unlock innovative improvements.
- Promote, coach and monitor the adoption of Lean continuous improvement practices including leading regular depot level Continuous Improvement meetings and visualisation processes.
- Work closely with the Head of Department and their direct reports to improve Lean maturity.
- Lead deployment of structured, local improvement projects and coach and support area Lean champions
- Participate in a wider network of Lean experts across the organisation to promote success stories, share best practice and advocate Lean behaviours and development opportunities.
- Ensure clear plans are in place to measure, quantify, realise and track benefits in a cycle of review (daily, weekly, periodic as necessary) via focussed action resolution and escalation.
- Ensure a safety focus is embedded in all process improvement activities
- Financial and commercial awareness (essential)
- Demonstrable experience of applying Lean tools, techniques and behaviours in an operational environment (essential)
- Accredited Lean experience to green or black belt equivalent (desirable)
- Awareness of the role and function of asset maintenance within LU and related disciplines i.e. Engineering (desirable)
- Understanding of LU’s financial context and wider organisational challenges and objectives. (desirable)
- Safety Awareness (essential)
- Application of key Lean tools e.g. Practical Problem Solving, value stream mapping, visualisation processes and escalation (essential)
- Coaching of peers and senior stakeholders to adopt new ways of working and continuous improvement (essential)
- Mentoring and Coaching skills (essential)
- Ability to apply appropriate problem solving and analysis techniques (essential)
- Ability to coach and upskill peers and senior stakeholders (essential)
- Ability to facilitate team activities (essential)
- Ability to lead business initiatives (essential)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brentford, GB
Application Deadline: N/A