Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
- Collaborate on meaningful technical projects that support Suncor’s operating and emerging Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) assets MacKay River and Firebag.
- Monitor process trends to optimize production performance and steam distribution.
- Develop new toolkits while exploring opportunities for automation and data analytics.
- Develop workover, well intervention, and well design plans / procedures.
- Assist in the creation of drilling / completions programs involving contractor interfacing, material requisition, and oversight of field execution and cost control.
- Evaluate well integrity issues (i.e. corrosion, sand control, surface casing vent flows)
- Optimize artificial lift methods involving gas lift or electric submersible pumps (ESP’s).
- Evaluate the performance of flow control devices and subsurface instrumentation.
- Develop geo-models using history matching and thermal reservoir simulations.
- Support technical and economic analysis of new technology pilots.
- Can identify out-of-the-ordinary conditions and/or anticipate potential problems, taking necessary initiatives to proffer solutions.
- Strong collaboration skills that enable you to build strong and positive relationships within diverse groups.
- Alignment with Suncor’s values safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter, and do the right thing
- Ability to multi-task and manage several competing and complex priorities
- A continuous improvement mindset that enables you to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor of Engineering program or graduate engineering program at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and drive projects forward.
- (Attach your transcripts with your application and clearly indicate the length of work term that you are available for).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A