As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
As the Senior Production Artist, you will support both production and base layout for all advertising materials including but not limited to flyers, tabs, direct mail, guides and catalogues creating language, product and pricing versions for B2B and B2C divisions. Each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful, and you will be inspired to bring your best every day.
- Be responsible for base layout and production across various tiered projects
- Work with the creative teams to implement campaign creative into a variety of advertising vehicles including production and layout and assist in background editing.
- Work with the Studio Manager and the Integrated Marketing team to enhance promotional advertising
- Work with Marketing leadership team to prepare content for Chief Commercial Officer presentation at Virtual Creative
- Review and Advertising Wall Walks
- Produce special advertising materials, as required (i.e. banners, specialty ads, direct mail – online and print).
- Ensures that all materials are built to specs and design elements are implemented and adhered to.
- Produce French and Bilingual language versions for all advertising
- Execute all regional pricing and program pricing versions including eco fees for BTB, retail flyer, email, direct mail and online.
- Create any alternate format versioning
- Produce any promotional in-store signage for consumer facing advertising and online promotional tiles for digital advertising
- 3 to 5 years experience in retail/advertising
- Minimum 5-7 years as a Production Artist
- 5+ yrs. Experience with Creative Suites – InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop Software using Mac systems
- Graphic Arts Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of print production with supporting experience.
- Sound knowledge of desktop publishing (Macintosh) and graphic software (Indesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Sound knowledge of PDF (Portable Document Format) workflow and FTP (file transfer Protocol)
- Bilingualism in French and English an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Aurora, CA
Application Deadline: N/A