Website Southside Bank
Provides customer service to commercial lenders and regional management through analyzing commercial loan requests, identifying strengths and weaknesses, providing recommendations and noting any deviations from policy as appropriate. This is an entry level credit analysis position and work is reviewed by a Senior Analyst.
- Analyzes financial statements (including performance ratios) of all levels of quality to develop initial assessment by identifying strengths and weaknesses as pertaining to borrower’s historical operating performance.
- Prepares written analyses which include: credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors; economic and market conditions as related to company and industry; in depth historical financial analysis; in-depth projection financial analysis, including the performance of “what if” scenarios that test the reasonableness of projections; in-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment such as collateral; and in-depth analysis of a guarantor’s financial position.
- Collects and maintains industry data and researches industry specific information from outside sources.
- Provides a written analysis that includes a list of all strengths and weaknesses of a credit.
- Attends meetings, as appropriate, to be available to answer questions regarding credit analysis as necessary.
- Participates in customer meetings as requested by Officers.
- Stays informed of current and emerging legal, compliance and market matters involving the approval of credit.
- Understands and agrees to abide by the policies and procedures established at Southside Bank.
- Must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs duties in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and related anti-money laundering laws, and in accordance with the Bank’s Information Security Program.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers. Works with fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Must be proficient in lending systems and risk scoring models.
- Proficiency in overall computer applications including ability to prepare spreadsheets and professional reports.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or directed.
- Superior loan evaluation ability and ability to conduct analysis.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or other related area of study or equivalent education and experience relevant to lending activities in a financial institution. Finance and/or accounting majors are preferred.
Company: Southside Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A