Website Southside Bank
Manage and direct branch to ensure smooth operation and adherence to policy and procedures. Supervises and schedules employees responsible for the various aspects of branch operations. Leads team by example in demonstrating exceptional customer service by creating a memorable experience that delivers consistent and value-added services dedicated to developing lasting customer relationships. Plans, organizes initiates, directs, controls, monitors, and trains staff. Implements projects set forth by management.
- Manages with a motivational style that retains good employees; ensures employees at Southside are in the right position to utilize their talents and experience through the completion of performance appraisals.
- Network within the community and research various resources and opportunities to develop leads for business development and call activities for potential sponsor groups and customer relationships.
- Open traditional and Roth IRA’s and assist with contributions, distributions, rollovers and transfers.
- Contributes to the growth of a profitable loan portfolio by originating loan applications for all types of consumer loan types. Proficient in cross selling consumer loans when opening new accounts for existing or new accounts
- Perform as a Teller or Relationship Banker as needed in order to better serve customers
- Identify opportunities in market by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements that will lead to an increase in sales. Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client’s organization.
- Represent the Bank in the community at various social and business functions; promotes the Bank’s philosophy and mission in the communities the Bank operates in.
- Complete customer thank you calls and follow up of problem resolution as directed by management.
- Perform Southside Bank’s customer service standards with each customer interaction
- Continue professional development through training, seminars, membership in professional associations, as applicable.
- Consistently perform with accuracy and efficiency to build customer confidence and trust.
- In conjunction with the Retail Management team, evaluates and recommends the appropriate staffing needs of the office; interviews and recommends qualified personnel; ensures that adequate employee coverage is maintained to meet the needs of the Bank’s customers.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of pertinent information and records
- Locate or propose potential business deals by discovering and exploring opportunities with partners and management.
- Accurately communicate account information to customers
- Monitor and lead efforts to improve branch profitability through managing branch expenses and increasing revenues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers. Works with fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in business, finance or marketing preferred.
- Minimum two year banking experience preferred.
- Proficient in typing, 10-key calculator and data entry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Completion and comprehension of the following Southside Bank instructor led classes:
- New Employee Orientation
- Teller Training, Teller Advanced and Professional Teller
- Product Knowledge
- Extreme Customer Service – Fundamentals, Advanced, and Building Relationship
- New Accounts
- Business Account Documentation
- Loan School
- IRA Fundamentals
Company: Southside Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A