Provides overall leadership and management of Field Operations for multiple DIMP projects (DRIP, GIPP, SLIP, RMPP, etc..) within the Gas Operations organization. Responsible for all facets of Gas Operations including employee, customer, public and pipeline safety; customer service and satisfaction; construction and maintenance of distribution gas facilities; completion of mandated compliance work and financial performance including Capital and OM budgets.
- Responsible for all operational issues and decisions within their assigned Area including developing, implementing and overseeing complex business strategies, business goals, staffing levels, training and resource management. Provides managerial-level counsel and advice in decision-making process. Ensures optimization of field work force to attain company and corporate goals. Accountable for driving Sempra Values throughout the organization. Establishes and optimizes processes focused on achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Communicates safety vision and maintains primary district accountability for employee, customer, public and pipeline safety. Formulates strategies to effectively mitigate emergency incidents and serves as the primary Area point of contact for emergency incidents. Ensures that safety related technical guidance, coaching, counseling, training, goals and performance planning are provided for all district employees and contractors. Responsible for developing and implementing Area safety strategies and programs. Responsible for annual safety and environmental ESCMP inspection audits and reporting, as well as corporate regulatory agency audits of assigned facilities. Maintains appropriate public contact with federal, state, county and local agencies.
- Directs department activities to ensure the integrity of the gas distribution system is evaluated and maintained. Is responsible for the prevention of damage to the Region’s gas distribution and measurement system, which may include transmission facilities. Provides expertise and leadership for various projects, company teams, and cross-functional committees related to company initiatives and operational responsibility at the Region level such as Safety, Customer Satisfaction, Shop Committee, etc. Delivers targeted business results, develops new capabilities and works effectively with peers.
- Manages budgets including multi-million dollar Capital and OM budgets and generates regular reports of cost, quality and KPIs. Monitors Area spending, workload and work allocation to balance budget and maintain appropriate spending levels.
- Develops and implements various employee development strategies throughout the Area. Develops, directs, and motivates a highly technical and diverse staff.
- Provides direction to Area staff that ensures technical skills are enhanced to meet demands and requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of field safety policies and practices including emergency incident response, emergency communications, message center reporting and leak investigation
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements for Gas Distribution operations.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), labor practices, the ability to engage represented employees, deal effectively with performance problems and thrive in a union environment
- Must be able to analyze complex data, manage complex projects and have knowledge of Gas Distribution operations.
- Must possess strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires very strong interpersonal skills, self-confidence, and demonstrated leadership ability to effectively work with employees at all levels as well as to lead and inspire a diverse workforce through a dynamic work environment.
- Must display versatility, quick problem solving, handle multiple demands, and ability to work effectively with a variety of individual personalities.
- Must have knowledge of company budgeting practices including financial systems such as SAP and Business Warehouse as well as knowledge of PACER, Click and MS Office.
- Major emergencies may require extended days and critical decisions affecting gas supply, pressure, customer and employee safety, compliance with California Public Utilities Commission, Department of Transportation or Office of Pipeline Safety.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Business administration, engineering, project management or related field or equivalent field operations work experience and applicable field/technical training. Required
- 5+ years’ Experience with Distribution work methods and tools. Required
- Knowledge of Technical Services and/or Transmission operations Preferred.
Company: Sacramento, CA, US
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: SoCalGas
Application Deadline: N/A