So Cal Gas is looking for mechanically inclined and tool-oriented individuals with maintenance and technical aptitude within the Transmission and Storage Organization. With pay starting at $49.12/ hr. we are offering a full-time opportunity as a Station Maintenance Specialist that will prepare you for a career with SoCal Gas. Current opening is at Needles. This is a DOT position.
Schedules work assignments to ensure that workforce, equipment, and materials are available to accomplish assigned work. Provides work direction to crew members on a daily basis while maintaining compressor station and underground storage engines and equipment. Trains, instructs, and guides crew members in all aspects of their assignments. Inspects work of other employees and contractors to ensure that assignments are completed properly and safely. Provides general feedback to supervision as required. Utilizing complex test equipment and analyzers, adjusts, balances and tunes engines and equipment for optimum performance, throughput, fuel economy, and compliance with AQMD emissions standards. Utilizing diagnostic instruments and techniques, locates and corrects problems, as well as predicts maintenance requirements, of engines and other mechanical equipment. On some assignments uses portable emissions test equipment to determine emissions levels for internal combustion equipment and to tune engines. Utilizes diagnostic instruments and techniques to do basic troubleshooting and repair of electrical and electronic controls and systems associated with mechanical equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, volt-ohm meters, various electronic analyzers, engine/compressor analyzers, vibration analyzers, and pressure transducer devices. Uses and applies manufacturers specifications for equipment tolerances and operating parameters. Has computer skills to utilize standard Company programs. Has full understanding of computerized maintenance monitoring systems. Inputs and analyzes data to identify equipment maintenance needs. Assesses, plans, and advises management on equipment condition and needs. Works with instrument specialists, technical staff members and engineers to troubleshoot and correct engine performance and emissions issues. Maintains and orders materials and supplies used on various projects. Assures integrity of equipment through the use of SMC books and manufacturers recommendations.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must be able to operate vehicles with manual transmissions.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test if a new hire or transferring from a non-safety sensitive job.
- Requires participation in the Company’s random drug testing program.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a Compressor Station, power, gas, and/or petro-chemical industries.
- Must pass a structured interview. Must pass formal SMS training for this classification.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of engine combustion cycles. Must have understanding of engine and/or compressor maintenance requirements and basic understanding of emissions controls.
- Must have knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and manual mechanics tools.
Company: Bakersfield, CA, US
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: SoCalGas
Application Deadline: N/A