As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently – complete mobility!
The Rail Infrastructure business supplies operational telecoms and network equipment as well as the SCADA control systems alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as the ETCS and Low Cost Digital Modular Signalling, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology!
- Delivery of Telecoms engineering designs / activities to the agreed time, cost, quality, safety and performance requirements.
- Lead Telecoms engineering tasks to deliver system development and implementation, including sub-contractors where applicable.
- Produce Telecoms engineering technical and Health and Safety documentation deliverables to meet project requirements.
- Regularly report Telecoms engineering task progress and status.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage Telecoms engineering tasks including resources and equipment in order to deliver tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process.
- Support the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Perform the role of Telecom Design CRE / Lead design for small scale projects
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements within main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments.
- An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Telecoms engineering environment.
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover.
- Incorporated Engineer or equivalent status.
- Knowledge and application of requirements management.
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment
- Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Proven experience of design delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems & engineering activities in the rail environment.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Design)
- Proven success leading and motivating a team of Telecoms engineers for effective design and delivery of telecommunications systems.
- Supervision and delivery of development and implementation project tasks within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Sheffield, GB
Application Deadline: N/A