Reporting to the Principal Services Team Leader you will be key member of the Services team, delivering secure networked solutions for wide variety of customers. You will be responsible for investigating problems / troubleshooting, providing technical support to customers and internal functions (Sales/Tendering), including commissioning and onsite support and most importantly promoting Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
- Designing, implementing and commissioning cyber secure networked substation automation systems.
- Preparing Factory/Site Acceptance Test documents and carrying out testing activities.
- Troubleshooting and providing onsite support.
- Provide technical support to customers and internal functions (Sales/Tendering).
- Preparing RAMS, reports and documentation.
- Training customers/staff as required.
- Adhere to all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, including Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
- Promote Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
- Deep knowledge of network security systems and protocols (Firewalls, IDS, IPSec, SSL).
- A minimum qualification of Level 4 Qualification in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Network Security or equivalent level of experience or other relatable qualification.
- Knowledge of substation automation equipment and communication protocols like IEC61850, IEC60870-5-104, DNP3 would be advantageous.
- Exposure to high availability networks (RSTP, PRP, HSR, VRRP) and trending technologies (NGFW, SDN) would be beneficial.
- Sound written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid experience in network design and switching & routing technologies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Newcastle Upon Tyne, GB
Application Deadline: N/A