We are looking for someone who wants to join the traffic signals industry at the beginning of the ladder, key to this is the importance of health and safety at work, a willingness to learn and work as part of a team. Traffic industry background isn’t essential as we will provide you with the necessary training.
At Siemens, we are passionate about learning and development. Join us and we will provide you with opportunities to grow and progress within your role from Installation Operative through to Engineer and Maintenance Engineer level roles.
- Install traffic signals, including the installation and wiring of controllers, ancillary equipment and highways systems (all training will be provided)
- Complete mandatory NHSS (National Highways Sector Scheme) training requirements
- Work with customers and other contractors on site
- Be aware of safety at work and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible by following all Health and Safety Procedures
- Follow site specifications for quality and accuracy
- Someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Someone who is co-operative, helpful and willing to use their own initiative
- Someone who is willing to change and adapt, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Someone who can work on their own or as part of a team, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team
- Willingness to work outside and work at heights
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, GB
Application Deadline: N/A