Website Seneca College
The instructional designer is responsible for curricular design and project management that leads to the successful implementation of the College’s multimodal offering of courses and programs. They work independently as well as collaboratively on a cross-functional team of academics, curriculum consultants, eLearning designers and specialists, quality assurance specialists, as well as external vendor partners. They take the lead to ensure online, hybrid, Hyflex, and face-to-face courses meet Seneca’s standards for academic quality and are delivered on time.
- Applies instructional design principles that comply with AODA and copyright requirements and the implementation of Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- Applies expertise in pedagogy and consults with faculty on the creation of effective learning outcomes, teaching strategies, learning activities and tasks, and assessment strategies.
- Contributes to project schedules by identifying project milestones and dates.
- Coordinates necessary meetings with the subject matter expert (e.g., creating high-level content structure, content documents, recommendations documents, storyboards, etc.).
- Supports faculty with the use of the LMS by offering one-to-one consultation sessions and in-class group sessions adapting to differing levels of proficiency.
- Consults with other internal departments on issues that directly or indirectly relate to teaching and learning (e.g., instructional plans, course evaluations, rubrics, etc.).
- Primary liaison between eLearning designers and subject matter expert, and ensures timely delivery of online courses.
- Develops and facilitates learning opportunities for faculty related to teaching and learning, independently or in conjunction with internal partners.
- Provides guidance and assists subject matter experts with preparing course material for online delivery.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (primarily faculty), curriculum consultants, and eLearning designers and specialists to design hybrid, fully online, face-to-face and HyFlex courses that are active and engaging.
- Extensive administrative use and support of a learning management system
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including managing multiple projects and deadlines with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership and creative approaches to instructional design.
- Working knowledge of Seneca’s Standards of Practice for Faculty
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and as a team creatively and effectively.
- Creating and facilitating professional development opportunities related to teaching and learning best practices for faculty, staff, or students.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum completed three (3) year diploma/degree in adult education, educational technology, training, and development or a related field. If in a related field, please state how it is relevant.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience within the post-secondary environment, including design and development of courses.
- Certificates or related courses in any of the following areas instructional design, project management, LMS, multimedia, Adobe Creative Cloud, Articulate Storyline would be considered an asset.
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A