Website Seneca College
Reporting to the Chair of the School of Information Technology Administration and Security, the professor is responsible for developing, preparing, and delivering courses within the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Technology (FASET) ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students.
- Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses.
- Consulting with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
- Participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- Selecting or approving textbooks and learning materials.
- Providing a learning environment that makes effective use of available resources, work experience and field trips.
- Specifying or approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
- Defining course objectives and evaluating and validating these objectives.
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations where applicable.
- Providing guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors’ teaching assignments.
- Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, which may include tutoring and academic counselling of students.
- Excellent presentation, communication and human relation skills to interact effectively with the College’s multi-cultural/racial/able staff and student population is required, as is an understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
- Demonstrated research skills with industry connections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in
- Voice over IP
- Commitment to a team approach for problem solving and conflict resolution.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of a completed Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely related field. If education is in a related field, state how it is relevant.
- Minimum five (5) years of related industry experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A