Manage assigned new store, remodel and other projects from planning and design through construction completion and grand opening. Accountable for all aspects of the project including, cost and schedule. Extensive travel is required. Act as liaison for Vice President and perform projects on behalf of the Vice President as assigned.
- Maintain department stands with regard to project files and other forms of department communication.
- Oversee, assess and negotiate fees, for architects, engineers and other outside consultants. Monitor work progress and quality
- Initiate and track Capital Expenditure Requests to ensure timely review and approval.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all assigned projects and schedules.
- Manage all company supplied vendors and ensure performance and delivery of company responsible items and schedules.
- Oversee, assess, bid and negotiate General Construction Contracts. Implement, manage and maintain construction budgets and schedules according to prescribed company plans, programs, policies and procedures
- Respond to requests for information and assistance from other company departments and outside vendors and contractors.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project with company departments to ensure project delivery and completion regardless of direct responsibility or control.
- Will function as liaison to relieve Vice President of Construction of routine matters, and also as assigned to special projects on behalf of the VP.
- Maintain department policy and procedure regarding budgets, payments and change orders. Facilitate issues regarding payments with appropriate company representatives.
- Keep Vice President of Construction apprised of any critical items or situations having impact on project delivery or cost.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Superior analytical skills both mathematical and problem solving.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizes these tasks, and follows through to ensure timely results.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Ability to handle matters professionally, confidentially and apprise the Vice President of critical issues related to the department or company programs.
- High degree of reliability with ability to travel extensively.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction with minimum of ten years retail project/construction management experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A