Be a UK, Republic of Ireland or Commonwealth citizen.
Be aged between 18 and 54 years old.
- GCSE GCSE 2017 SNE Mathematics C Grade 4 Grade 5 English Language C Grade 4 Grade 5
- No prior language training is required .
- NATIONALITY & RESIDENCY
- You must be a UK citizen from birth.
- You must have resided in the UK for at least 7 years prior to application.
- Your parents/spouse must currently have UK citizenship.
- Following the MOD announcement that the UK Armed Forces will now be able to recruit commonwealth citizens without the 5 year residency requirement, please note that the RAF continues to apply standard residency requirements for security clearance, ie, DV employment requires 7-years UK residency immediately prior to enlistment; SC requires 3-years.
- You must be physically fit to complete both initial and specialist training, and to do your role effectively. To check your fitness levels, we put every candidate through at least two separate fitness tests as part of the application process.
- Body Mass Index requirements: Age Male and female minimum Male and female maximum Male maximum with additional assessment Female maximum with additional assessment 18 + 18 28 32 30 16 to < 18 17 27 27 27
- Calculate your BMI now, .
- Eyesight requirements vary for different roles. A requirement to wear glasses or contact lenses may be allowed for aircrew.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have tattoos, brands or bead implants that are obscene or offensive
- Are waiting to appear in court, or have unspent convictions. You may also have to declare spent convictions for certain roles
- Check if you qualify under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 through this
- Have been or are a member of a group that stirs up racial hatred and violence
- Misuse drugs, solvents and anabolic steroids. But each case is considered upon its own merits
- Have a basic background check to get Security Check level clearance
- Declare any previous spent and unspent convictions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swansea, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A